Chief of Police
Chief of Police – City of Winterville
SALARY: $50,000 – $55,000 Depending upon qualification.
The City of Winterville, Georgia seeks a highly motivated professional with strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills to serve as the Chief of Police. The Winterville Police Department serves a primarily residential community with a population of 1,200 in Athens-Clarke County.
This position is not strictly administrative and will require community patrol and regular interaction with citizens.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in criminal justice, public administration, business administration, management or related field.
- 15 years of experience in law enforcement work involving progressive responsibility and management.
- Law enforcement certification requirements as set forth in Georgia law.
- Valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Successful completion of background and reference checks
Deadline for application: Friday December 15, 2023
To Apply: Please click "Apply Now" and submit your resume. NO PHONE CALLS
City of Winterville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at City of Winterville are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.